International University of Sarajevo,Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Abstract The modern city is the residence of various organisams. Therefore, the city becomes an organisam that has a metabolism. This metabolism creates waste that is fatal so the city becomes both a criminal and a victim. Although quiet and shy, the idea of developing a green city began as early as the late nineteenth century; the self-sustainability of cities, viewed through the prism of today as the technology and possibilities of the modern age, is a popular topic in the last few decades. This paper looks into with the issue of green city, green urbanism a s well as self-sustainability. Demonstrated through the classification of degradation, history, vision and principles, the paper gives examples of the possibilities and achievements that a green city has.
Key words : green city, self-sustainable city, eco city, sustainable urbanization
1. Crompton D. ed. Concerning Archigram, Archigram Archives, 2002.
2. http://architectradure.blogspot.com/ Jan 2015.
3. Atkinson R, Bridge G. eds., Gentrification in a Global Context The New Urban Colonialism, Gentrification in a Global Context. London: Routledge, 2005.
4. http://urbanplanning.library.cornell.edu/ Jan 2015.
5. BedZED, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BedZED, Jan. 2015.
6. http://en.wikipedia.org/ Jan 2015
7. Lehmann O. Green Urbanism: Formulating a Series of Holistic Principles, Sapiens, 2010; 3(2).
8. Sassen S. The Global city: New York, London, Tokyo, Princeton University Press, 1996.
9. Rydin Y. Governing for Sustainable Urban Development, 2012.
10. Rapoport E. Utopian Visions and Real Estate Dreams: The Eco-city Past, Present and Future, Geography Compass, 2014; 8(2).
11. Zvizdić D. Principi održivog bioklimatksog urbanizma, ATF Sarajevo 2014.
12. http://sh.wikipedia.org/, Jan 2015.
13. http://www.populationlabs.com/world_population. asp, Jan 2015.
14. https://allianceforthebay.org, Jan 2015.
15. Graedel E T. Industiral Ecology and the Ecocity, The Brigde, 1999; 29(4).
16. http://www.wifinotes.com, pristup Jan 2015.
17. http://www.simbrown.wordpress.com, Jan 2015.
18. Bijedić Dž. Arhitektura: holizam umjesto optimizacije: integralni pristup u arhitektonskom stvaralaštvu, Arhitektonski fakultet Univerziteta u Sarajevu, 2012.
19. Vancouver, http://vancouver.ca/, Jan. 2015.
20. http://www.ehcitychallenge.org/, Jan 2015.
21. San Francisco, http://sfenvironment.org/ news?topic=details&ni=749, Jan. 2015.
22. http://www.sfwater.org/, Jan 2015.
23. Curitiba, http://www.eoearth.org/view/article/ 151571/, Jan 2015.
24. http://sustentavelmentegau.blogspot.com/2014/08/ top-10-cidades-mais-sustentaveis-do.html, Jan 2015.
25. Cppenhagen, https://www.environmentalleader. com/2009/10/29/by-2015-copenhagen-commutersmay- bike-50-of-the-time/, Jan 2015.
26. http://www.cycling-embassy.dk/, Jan 2015.
International University of Sarajevo,
Bosnia and Herzegovina,